Inaugural Cooney Classic Bike Tour
Bike – Burger – Beer
A non-competitive bike ride beginning and ending at the Hops & Leisure restaurant. Participants can choose between three route options (~20, 40 and 60 miles). Rest stops with refreshments will be placed approximately every 15 miles along the routes. Upon finishing, each participant will receive a burger and beer or soda from Hops & Leisure. Additional food and beverage purchases will be available for purchase and will directly support our primary sponsor; Hops & Leisure.
A portion of the proceeds will be donated to Make-A-Wish Wisconsin: http://wisconsin.wish.org/
Please note, helmets are mandatory. In addition, riders will receive a bib number and wrist band at check in. Both must be visible to gain entrance to rest stops and the post-race party. Riders under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
Schedule of Events
- Day of check-in is from 7:30 - 9 a.m. on July 15th, 2017 at Hops & Leisure
- Riders can start the ride at their leisure.
- 60 mile participants are encouraged to start by 8 a.m.
- Burgers will begin to be served around 10 a.m.
- Capacity has been set at 400 Riders.
- Online registration is available now through July 14th (6pm).
- Day of registration will be available starting at 7:30am if capacity has not been met.
- Earlybird Special - $40 until March 31
- $45 from April 1 to May 31
- Late Registration - $50 from June 1 to June 28
- Final Registration - $50 after June 28 (no t-shirt)
- Note – riders must register by June 28th to receive a t-shirt
Following the ride, each rider will receive a burger and beer (soda for riders under 21) from Hops & Leisure. Additional food and refreshments will be available for purchase. Registration includes entry into the raffle so please check the raffle board upon finishing.
- Course maps will be available when you check in. If you would like a map before the ride please email me directly.
- Rest stops with refreshments and restrooms will be available approximately every 15 miles
- SAG support will be provided by Bicycle Doctor
Ride Day Instructions
Check back for detailed instructions and parking options, which will be posted no later than one week prior to the ride.
The event will be held unless inclement weather occurs. In the event of inclement weather, the race director may delay or cancel the event. If the event is canceled or if participant withdraws, there will be no refunds.